Tuesday, May 6, 2008

SPS Term Assessment

Hi,

Jason is having his exams. now so busy studying and I am also helping him a bit especially in Social Studies and History.

I must say I learned quite a bit too from reading his text books, some interesting facts like the conflict in Sri Lanka though I read about it in the papers but I now appreciate the causes of these conflicts.

He has tuition for Chinese, Additional and Elementary Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics....some are beyond me unless I have to put in extra effort to re-learn them.

Actually, his tuition teachers are making good money and some of them in the market are really very professional in the sense of running it like a business with fantastic website too!

BTW, I have taken my nephew's JAE booklet to see the requirement for going into a JC, Polytechnic and ITE. The point for JC is below 10 easily and you definitely need the 2 points from CCA to offset your total score.

Jas has expressed that he is targetting for admission into a JC like Temasek or Victoria. Well, I am glad he has set a target and we will do whatever we can to help him achieve it ; eg tuition and guidance on how he should be managing his time in CCA and studies.

Though I must say that students who are already focus on certain industry or career, going to the poly may be a better choice than JC and we are seeing quite a number of such students opting out of JC for Poly recently.

Rgds

David

No comments: