Friday, May 30, 2008

Seat Belts for School Bus

Hi,

It is sad that it took an accident and death of a student before parents and bus drivers have a debate over the safety of the kids.

Even more appalling, the authority needs to do a study that will take 6 months to come up with a report and recommendations....!!!

On the same topic, what about workers sitting at the back of trucks? And even passengers in public buses too?

Sometimes, even my own family members are 'lazy' to put on the saftey belts in the taxi.... All it takes is a reckless driver knocking into our taxi from behind and then we hope for the best....?

One bus driver was commenting that even if there are safety belts, the students do not wear them and are very playful in the bus.

So at the end of the day, while the right thing should be done, ie having seat belts, education and awareness of safety must be conveyed to the passengers.

On a similar topic, I am very annoyed to see my fellow passengers still talking on their mobiles when the aircraft is about to take off. Or switching it on before the aircraft is parked. What is the hurry...? Sometimes I think it is pure ignorance on their part, most of the time.

Do you know that the newer models have the option of flight mode so you can use the other functions like playing your MP3. What if the user did not realise that the mobile is still on normal mode...? I hate to be tumbling down the sky though I am sure that the possible interferece from the mobile may be minimal but why take the risk...?

My family and I will be flying off to Melb to visit my siblings and will be away for 2 weeks. If I have adequate Internet access, I will post a few photos of my travel there.

Take care!

David

No comments: