Friday, May 2, 2008

GIANT, COURTS & IKEA in Tampines

Hi,

Before I proceed further, my other website at http://www.davidpoh.com/ is up now after being down for more than a day since Wed night.

My wife & I went to the above place since there was a free shuttle bus from Bedok MRT ( similar shuttle bus is also available from Tampines and Pasir Ris MRT station too ) and we wanted to check out a glass display cabinet to put Jason's medals and awards that he has been winning from his sports etc.... as the item was on offer and a savings of S$30/=.

GIANT supermarket is BIG and similar to tha one in IMM Jurong. We did not buy anything there as there is another branch at Parkway Parade and we go there quite often during weekends.

We went to Courts to look for a digital clock that can project the time on the ceiling of the room for Jason's room. We have one now and he claims that that alarm will wake him up. The brand is Oregon and is about S$65 when I bought it a few years ago for my Xmas present.

We then walked over to Ikea to hvae lunch. Much to our surprise., it was quite crowded unlike the typical weekday scenario but we found a place and enjoyed our Swiss meatballs and the day's special, Fish & Chips!

We ended up buying 2 units of the glass display cabinets and 1 bookcase for Jason's room. But as they are quite bulky, we have them deliver at a cost of S$40 which we think is quite a hefty bill but no choice. Luckily, the savings from their offers managed to cover the the delivery cost.

Well, do visit this place as it is quite big and we spent about 5 hours there. We not only saw office people having lunch at Ikea but also students.....? Reasonably cheap and good food, I suppose, + free transport.

I look forward to next Tue afternoon to receive the items we bought.......! I will enjoy assembling it....... no wonder my dear wife said that I have to wait for my toys to come....! ha..ha..ha....

David

No comments: