Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Singaporeans Gadgets Crazy !

Hi,

I wrote recently that Singaporeans is world no. 2 gadget crazy.

Well, I know why now....

When I was travelling on the MRT yesterday, I saw this mother ( or grandmother? ) pushing a young child in the pram and to keep her kid busy, there was a portable small DVD player entertaining the kid.

Well, they definitely start using gadget at a very tender age indeed!

Often, I also see adults passing their mobiles to the babies to hold or play the games or listen to the music player, to keep them occupied.

I would think that it is more appropriate that the babies or young kids should be learning about the environment or people in public as they are likely to be playing with such gadgets at home already.

The gadgets are pretty affordable due to supply and demand here, I suppose.

When I was in Malaysia and Australia, people do own mobiles but Singaporeans use the features more extensively while they are travelling on trains and buses or in public places. Other gadgets like PSP or even a MP3 player are not that commonly seen in public, overseas.

Even my Filipino housekeeper owns at least 2 mobiles and other gadgets like MP3 player.... due to influence from me.....?

At least, my son is not asking me to upgrade his mobile this year but I am itching to upgrade mine to a 5 mega pixel camera as I like to take photos when I am on the move for my blogs etc....

So there we are......!

David

No comments: