Thursday, March 12, 2009

Shopping Craze - IT Show 2009

Hi,

I was with my wife running some errand and were around Suntec City yesterday afternoon.

We came across the Body Shop warehouse sale there so we went in to have a look.

Guess what?

There was a huge crowd; majority are ladies, of course, but there were also a few men like me accompanying the better half. There were also a few guys shopping either for their own products or for their other half.

So is there a recession now...?

Especially when I saw that many are late teens so where do they get their $$?

We bought 4 items and it came to about $50 and there were many carrying bags of items in the long queue so I can imagine the bill would be a few hundred dollars!

Luckily, there was a special queue for 10 items and below so we did not have to queue for a long time to pay for the items.

In fact, my wife's initial reaction was just look and see only as the paying queue was so long.

I guess at times like this, the warehouse discount must be worth it or it is just our shopping craze in us!

Well, good to see that those who can afford it are shopping and helping the economy to recover....

BTW, I am off to the IT Show soon.....shopping for a new notebook for my wife and to satisfy my shopping craze too...ha...ha....

It is difficult to walk out without buying something even if it is a small item...ha..ha...

David

No comments: