Monday, March 16, 2009

IT Show 2009 - Record Breaking Sale

Hi,

I could not resist going back to the IT Show 2009 yesterday, Sunday and last day of the show.

I am surprised to see the newspaper reporting a record-breaking $58.5 million in sales in the IT Show 2009...! This was $4.5 million more than last year too..!

Anyway, I arrived at the Suntec City ground floor at 12:15pm ( opening time was 12 noon ) but there was already a huge crowd! The human traffic flow up the escalators have to be regulated so as to avoid a jam going up.

My wife immediately told me that she was not going to follow me up to the exhibition halls and she would go shopping around Suntec City instead. It was a wise decision indeed and it also allowed me to move around by myself faster and not to worry about losing her in this huge crowd.

I only wanted to go up to Hall 6 to look around for accessories and to buy a SDHC 4 or 8 GB memory card for my son's new MP3 player.

I reached there at 12:15pm but there were people with their buys on the way down the escalators! They must be there waiting for the halls to open and zoomed straight to the booth to buy their items.

I saw quite a no. of Bravia 32" LCD TVs being sold and it was so tempting for me though I do not need one....ha...ha....

Anyway, I just spent an hour there and I managed to buy the SDHC 4GB memory card that I was looking for.

After I caught up with my wife, I was telling her that it could be a tough time trying to find our way back home by public transport.

As reported in the papers today, there was a traffic jam along the underground City Link from Suntec City to City Hall and they closed it for fire safety reasons. It was also raining heavily all of a sudden around 4pm, making the situation worse.

Anyway, despite the heavy rain and getting a bit wet at the Suntec City bus-stop, we caught our bus home.

Well, I am already looking forward to the next shows.....PC show in June, Comex in September and Sitex in December....?

Hopefully, I will have more $$ to spend then..

I am now waiting for the new HP Notebook that we ordered at the show to be delivered so that I can play with it....my new toy..... ha..ha...oops! It is meant to be my wife's new notebook!

David

No comments: