Saturday, March 21, 2009

Shopping At Sim Lim Square

Hi,

I used to fear going to Sim Lim Square (SLS) as I have heard so much bad things about them many years ago.

I only started to explore SLS after I have attended a course in building my own PC and I went there to buy the components to assemble my own PC as part of my graduation from that course.

I think if you know what you are looking for and the price range, it is quite safe to go to shop there else go to Funan IT Mall where it is less intimidating and the sales persons are more friendly.

But the real problem really lies with a few shops there only and especially the electronic shops on 1st and 2nd floor. It was recently reported that the shop space is individually owned and not owned by the building owner so the management committee cannot really control or tell the owners how to do their business. But it is only a few black sheep only.



Unfortunately, the tourists are the main victims and it is giving Singapore a bad name!

Just like the recent incident at the Newton Food Stalls where a group of tourists was over charged for their seafood meals!

So my advice to you, is to shop with your eyes wide open and you will get some good deals at SLS.

Happy Shopping.......!

David

P.S. Now I like to window shop there to see what are being sold and at what price if I am nearby or have the time to make a trip there just to update myself.

You can read an earlier post on SLS and Funan IT Mall at http://pcwthoughts.blogspot.com/2008/07/shopping-at-funan-it-mall-sim-lim.html

No comments: