Thursday, March 12, 2009

IT Show 2009 - Another Shopping Madness


Hi,

I just came back from the 1st day of the IT Show 2009 at Suntec City and survived another shopping madness.....

First of all, being the first day and being on a weekday, I never expected such a crowd.

And I was given the impression that we are having a recession now and more unemployment or retrenchment this year...!

Well, I am glad somehow we still have the spending power and it should help our economy recover faster, I hope.

One of the escalator going from 4th to 6th floor was not working and we almost have a human crush. My wife and I were shocked when we arrived on the 4th floor and just managed to squeeze through and into the Hall 4.

Luckily, the faulty escalator was fixed in good time and when we came out, the crowd was cleared and no more human jam.

I have been doing some research on a notebook specifications since last weekend as my wife was shopping for a new notebook. I even went to Funan IT Mall yesterday to check out what are available and the current notebook specifications available and the price range; Core Duo vs Core 2 Duo, etc....

I was very happy to find what we wanted and my wife met me to finalise the shortlisted notebook and we bought it!

Normally, I would go around collecting the brochures on the first day and return on another day to confirm my chosen one; this apply for big item like a notebook and not things like blank CDs, of course.




We look forward to receiving this new notebook as this model has just been released and HP will deliver it to our home at no additional cost. We saw a display set at the HP booth.



Maybe I will sneak back to the exhibition again if I have some time and happen to pass by there again.....ha...ha....



Happy shopping...!




David

No comments: