Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Good Shopping Experience at Funan IT Mall

Hi,

There is so much talk about customer service these days in the papers that I like to share my shopping experience I have at Funan IT Mall yesterday afternoon.

I took a late lunch and ordered my food in a mixture of Mandarin and English and was not intimidated by the Chinese speaking hawker ( I suspect Mainland China worker ). I noticed she was very hardworking s she was running solo and whenever someone was near the stall, she would welcome and invite the person to buy her food while still busy cooking mine. While she did not smile but her tone was friendly.

I ordered coffee with milk but got tea with milk but I was not too sure if it was my mistake as I only realised it when my wife drank it after her food. So I just bought another cup of coffee but counter staff was pleasant.

I then went to Challenger and was window shopping for a DSLR camera for a friend from overseas. As I was looking at the cameras on display, a counter staff approached me and he was friendly to offer me some advices and even showed me a few cameras and lens even though I told him I am looking around for a friend ( ie I am not buying it yet ). I was pleasantly surprised by his offer of information and willingness to spend some time with me.

Next was to South Asia Computer where I bought a screen protector for my wife's new notebook. At the cashier counter, the cashier opened it up for me to check that it is not scratched much to my surprise and we also talked about the difficulty in putting the screen protector on the notebook. Normally, they just take our money and out you go.

So it was a good shopping experience that I have in Funan IT Mall and I do see much improvement in customer service these days. Hopefully, it was not because it was on a Monday afternoon when it is off peak....

David

No comments: