Sunday, April 6, 2008

Guess Who Came To Visit Me in Singapore?

Hi,

Soon Lee, my childhood friend and a neighbour too in my Penang home, dropped by Singapore on his way back to Sydney where he is living now.

The last time I saw him, to the best of my recollection, was when my brother & I took care of his house in Moonee Ponds in Melbourne when we were still students then. More than 20 years ago....!!!

We spent the day updating each other and a successful shopping outing too at Funan IT Mall and Plaza Singapura before we went to Marina Square and Suntec City for afternoon tea cum dinner.

Well, it was good to have seen him again and I hope to catch him in Sydney one day.




This photo was taken from the Esplanad, looking towards the commercial district, Shenton Way.
In the background are the famous Merlinon, Fullerton Hotel ( a former General Post Office built during the colonial days ) and the many tall commercial buildings with banks ( DBS, UOB, OUB, OCBC and Maybank ) and offices.

No comments: