Saturday, September 5, 2009

Proud To Be A Singaporean

I have been living in Singapore for more than 20 years since I have given up my Malaysian citizenship.

I was raised in Penang until secondary school before going to Australia for my tertiary education and subsequently, started work in Singapore.

My only connection to Malaysia are my parents and my elder sister who are still living there.

My elder brother and younger sister have also chosen to live in Australia and became their citizens.

I am so used to living here in Singapore where I started my career and family. Recently, I have also decided that Singapore is where I will retire and call it a day when it comes.

There was a report that Singaporeans are a happy lot ........


Lately, I have been back to Penang very often to visit my parents and I started to re-discover some of my childhood or my hometown again.

But when I have to fly back to Singapore, I am so excited to see my family and also to be back in Singapore.

Singapore is truly my home now!

David

No comments: