Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Straits Times Forum Writers' Dialogue

Hi,

I was invited to The Straits Times Forum Writers' Dialogue on Mon 16 Feb 2009 evening as I wrote to their forum occassionally and one of them got published.

This is my first invite but they have been hosting this for the past 7 years to meet their readers who have written in to them and their letters were published.

I found the dialogue interesting especially when we have the Q&A session and also a short briefing on how they got the news together, edit, print and distribute them to the readers daily.

I have better appreciation of their effort and no longer take it for granted whenever I read the papers now.

It is my habit to read the papers everyday and can easily spend an hour doing it as I read a few of the papers that I subscribe and a few that are free but still delivered to my house.















This is the Q&A session when I learned more about the passion of the other writers and also the appraoches adopted by the editors. Very informative indeed!

I typically write in to express my opinions on certain subjects that were posted in the Forum. Honestly, as I also write to other papers like TODAY and The New Paper, I cannot remember what I wrote to the ST Forum that got published.

Most likely, on my passionate topics like parenting and dogs related discussion........?

For those of you out there who may have written to your papers but they did not get published, do not stop writing.

Our contributions are important to the papers and also give them an dimension of how the public see things.

Have a nice day...

David

No comments: