Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Rubik's Cube

Hi,

Do you remember this mathematical toy, Rubik's Cube?

Jason was interested in having one and I found my old one but it was stuck and when I oiled it, all the dirt that have stuck inside it, fell off...... ha..ha...ha....

BTW, I have never solved it but kept it as a decorative piece of item in the display cupboard.

Anyway, managed to buy this one in the photo from Toy 'R' Us.

Jason looked at the solution sheet that came with it and also refer to the You Tube and mastered it within 3 calendar days. His record time is less than 2 minutes.

Well. I thought that I should learned to solved it too and got JAson to teach me. One month later and with much guidance from Jason, I have finally master it during my weekend trip to Penang.

I set a target to solve it by the time I boarded the plane back to Penang. I did it in the departure lounge and my best time is aorund 5 minutes! Hurray!

There are 7 steps to it and the first 4 steps are easy to master but the last 3 steps took longer than expected but I have a good teacher, my son - Jason.

Besides my personal interest in solving the Rubik's cube, having the same interest as Jason has also bonded us.

So there you are, never too late to learn new tricks though it may take a bit longer.

To prove that it is not a fluke shot, I have been solving it daily.

I am actually proud of myself.

David

No comments: