Sunday, March 9, 2008

Can You Live Without Your Mobile Phone?

Hi,

I left my mobile phone at home when I went out with my dear wife on Saturday morning.

We went separate ways and since I do not have my mobile phone with me, we have to pre-arrange a meeting place and time.

So while she went for her appointment, I read the newspapers at Delifrance where we have our breakfast. In the midst of it, I wanted to contact a friend and also called home but could not do so with my mobile. I just looked around and could not see any public phones and since it was not urgent, I just let it be.

I was at the pre-arranged place and time but was a bit concerned that we could have missed each other. Without my mobile, I just have to wait patiently.

We met up and went to Raffles City to do some shopping. I borrowed her mobile phone to make a few calls. While she was in the fitting room, I told her that she can meet me at the gents section. I strayed a bit and she was having problem finding me. When we found each other, the first thing she said was she felt lost without her mobile as it was with me.

I personally feel that the mobile phone is a very important gadget in our lives, as it can do so much and more to come though majority of us just make calls and sms only; but you can surf with it, listen to music, gaming, GPS, etc......

The other gadget that we may not be able to live without is our PC or notebook and access to the Internet; eg email, gaming, googling, music, movies, etc.......

As I am writing this post, my dear wife is working on her office notebook and Jason is chatting + surfing the Net on his PC. So you must think that this family does not communicate or spend time together...???

This is where you are wrong as we make an effort to have breakfast, lunch and dinner together on weekends. We are all in the studyroom now with our PC and notebooks and the TV is on also; multi-tasking. We also talk to each other as we do our own stuff..... so still a fair bit physical contact in this small space....ha...ha...ha......

We watch EPL soccer together, Channel 8 9pm series, etc ....... in this study room. Even if we are not on our PC or notebook, this room is the centre of our activities most of the time.

So can you live without your Mobile Phone and PC.... even for a day ???

P.S. We do not bring our notebooks along when we are on holidays though.

No comments: