Friday, March 28, 2008

Love Your Asian Women

Hi,

Last Saturday, my family & I happened to drop by Paragon Shopping Mall at Orchard Road and there was a fashion show in progress.

As usual, the models on the runway are non-Asian. They are not all that fantastic looking and there was one model that looked like a long stick!

I was telling Jason that we should have our local or Asian women on the runway. I believe we do have many of them that are just as capable and pretty too.

Unfortunately, we are brought up watching western movies and TV shows and we have ingrained into our mind that the non-Asian women or men are more pretty, sexy or elegant. Partly, still due to some of the old colonial days mentality.

After living in Melbourne for 4 years when I was studying there and also working with some 'ang mor' here, they are just like us and generally speaking, they are much bigger in size and not necessary proportionate so what we are seeing are a small % of good-looking people in the entertainment industry.

I think this is also one of the reasons why the non-Chinese men prefers Asian girls as they are petite and more submissive in nature too.

No offence to my non-Asian friends.......

BTW, I have a few cousins married to non-Chinese like Indian, Italian, British, Iranian; and my younger sister is married to an Aussie. So please note I have nothing against non-Asian.

Rgds, David

No comments: