Sunday, October 4, 2009

Singaporeans Are Gracious

Hi,

I have been wearing a knee brace for almost 10 months now and it enable me to walk more than 1 hour without pain or having a need to rest.

But it is not always comfortable wearing it and I do not mind sitting down in buses or MRT trains instead of standing as I am still exerting pressure on both knees or more on my right knee.

When I am wearing long pants or jeans, it is not obvious that I am wearing a knee brace.

I was just telling my family that all these months even when I am wearing bermuda, so my knee brace is obvious to the public, I was never offer a seat in the buses or MRT train.

Why am I complaining suddenly?

Well, my knee has been playing up lately and I am feeling some pressure or discomfort when I have to stand too long.

But there was hope though, recently.....

2 days ago, a man tap me on my back and gave me his seat in the MRT train. Honestly, I gladly took it and said 'Thank you' to him, of course.

Yesterday, in a crowded train again, a young or a girl in her late teens also tap my shoulder and gave me her seat.

I was surprised by these two gestures and they were not sitting in the 'Priority Seat' section.

Well, in short, I think Singaporeans are a gracious lot and it just take them some time to show it..

David

No comments: