Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Happy 83rd Birthday to Dad in Penang

Hi,

While I was in Penang, we also celebrated my father's 83rd birthday.

After my Mum's medical appointment, we went to have a western lunch at Secret Recipe at Plaza Gurney.




I must say that the service was excellent and the staff was very nice and went all the way out to ensure that we have an excellent dining experience there; eg. one of the staff even show us the way to the public toilet as we are not familiar with the place, they offered to put the ice cream back into the fridge since my Mum was away in the toilet,..

I asked a staff to help take a family photo and I mentioned that it was my father's birthday and she happily obliged, asking me to check the the photo is well taken else she can take another one.

Much to my surprise, the supervisor presented my Dad with a slice of cake and got the staff to sing him the birthday song.


We were caught off guard else I would have taken a group photo with them or even video it.

It was indeed a pleasant surprise and my Dad was still talking about it a few days later as his birthday actually fell on 19 Oct but we were celebrating it earlier.

Here is a photo of Mum waiting for a taxi to take us home. A very rare occasion too as she does not like to go out unless necessary.


We also got him a birthday cake and we have another round of celebration at home that evening.



Happy Birthday, DAD...!
David

No comments: