Monday, July 20, 2009

Budget Flights to Penang

Hi,

By now, I have taken 3 budget flights to Penang within a month period.

My first flight was on Air Asia and subsequent 2 flights were on JetStar.

My experience so far, the air crew ( steward and stewardess ) from JetStar are more professional compared to Air Asia crew.

The main difference is that Jetstar offers you aero-bridges at both Singapore and Penang whereas you have to climb down the stairs from the aircraft in Pg airport and then up another flight of stairs to the arrival hall.

Prices seem to be slightly cheaper for JetStar and you have a maximum limit of 10Kg of hand luggage versus 7Kg for Air Asia.

I would take JetStar flights just because of the aerobridge in Pg and the slight price difference.

Please do your own research online and not take my word for it esp on the pricing as there are promotions on and off. Also, I notice that the prices varies daily; eg it is cheaper for me to fly to Pg on Tue and Wed and return on Thu or Fri.

Otherwise, it is still much cheaper than SQ or MH flghts.

Thanks to the budget flights, I can afford to fly home more often especially now that my Mum is not feeling well.

You can also read my earlier posting on my first budget flight at http://pcwthoughts.blogspot.com/2009/06/my-first-budget-flight-to-penang.html


Happy Holidays....

David

No comments: