Sunday, May 31, 2009

Reserved Seats In MRT

Hi,

Previously, the seats at the both ends of the row of seats were classified as Priority Seats for the old, mothers and handicap people.

I was on the MRT recently and noticed that they have now be re-named to Reserved Seats.

Sad to say, no impact and people are still sitting at these seats and worst still, even when there was older folks standing around.

I saw a documentary on CNA and they were showing that the reserved seats in their train remain empty despite the fact that the train was crowded yet no one occupy these seats. It was mentioned that the Koreans has much respect for the old and also they are more gracious.

I make a conscious effort not to occupy the Priority or Reserved seats even though I am wearing a knee brace and a seat will definitely ease the pain or pressure on my left knee.

There was a funny incident and I still laugh at it when I think about it.

I was reading the papers and seated in the middle of the row of seats. The train stopped and people started to come into the train. Out of instinct, I thought I saw a pregnant women and I immediately gave her my seat.

But it turned out to be a older women with an obvious bigger tummy and not pregnant. Luckily, she was not a young girl so not so embarrassing. Luckily, she took the seat and was not offended.....ha.....ha........

Next time I better have a good look first!

David

No comments: