Thursday, May 28, 2009

Adhoc Penang Trip

Hi,

I have to make an adhoc trip to Penang from 19 to 22 May 2009 as I got a call from my mother who said she was dying and wanted to see me!

Can you imagine how stressful it is to receive such a call?

My mother was hospitalised on the eve of my arrival and CAT scan showed that she has a mild stroke and it made her weak.

Needless to say, I was at the hospital the whole day to keep her company and gave her some morale support to recover from it.

I woke up daily at 6:30am and only went home at 8pm. It was indeed very tiring and it was no fun staying in the hospital too as there are plenty of sick people so it means a lot of germs too!

Also, as there was 2 cases of swine flu, we got screened daily for any fever, cough, travelling to overseas, etc.....

As the hospital chased visitors out at 2pm so that patients can rest, I found myself taking a taxi to either Gurney Plaza or Prangin Mall to look for food and try to rest too. I eventually decided to catch the 2:30pm movie so that I can rest in an air-con environment. Besides, it cost only RM6 to watch a movie and that is very cheap. I was so tired by the 3rd day that I dosed off during the movie. After which, I caught a taxi back to the hospital.

Because of the swine flu scare, I saw a few people wearing mask at the airport and during the flight. It made me a bit uncomfortable see them. Also, all the immigration officers were also wearing masks too when I arrived at the Penang airport.

Well, after I left Pg, my elders sister went home from Kuala Lumpur and took over from me.

The good news is that Mum is home and slowly recovering her energy and trying to walk again.

I am likely to go back sometime in June and July to see her.

Wish I am going home on a more pleasant mission like a short break by the seaside resort with my family.

Take care,

David

No comments: