Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reflections on Year 2008


Hi,
Another eventful year is coming to an end and I have been reflecting on it for the past few days on what year 2008 has been for me.

Here are some of my reflections ...............

At the beginning of 2008, I was very concerned for my dear wife's eyes as she had a retina tear in her right eye just before Christmas in 2007. She had 2 laser treatment to 'sew' the tear back.
Luckily, by end April, it was considered fully treated but that eye will always see some wavy line and it is something that she got used to by now and not affecting her sight or movement today.

I have to do a crown on my tooth last Jan and another one is due in Jan 2009! Somewhere in the later part of 2008, I managed to fix one of the molars that have been sensitive for almost a year. What a relief now!

The family have a wonderful trip to visit my brother and sister families during the June school holiday; it was winter there. As Jason is much older now, we brought back to a few places like the Great Ocean Road to see the 7 Apostles and Philip Island, etc... He could not recalled these places that he visited when he was young so he really enjoyed it and appreciated what he saw.


It was quite an experience having the Kangaroos up clsoe to you especially the adult ones!
Scary..lah!









Australia's famous Koala and it is not a bear!











Also, catching up with his cousins now that he is much older and they can enjoy each other company; ie same wave length....

I also flew back to Penang to visit my parents 3 times this year and at the same time took my Dad for his medical follow-up on his colon cancer recovery. Glad to say that he is doing well and almost 2 years since he was operated to remove the cancerous cells. I told my elder sister that I would do it as she has been looking after my parents most of the time. I am glad that I kept my promise to her.










Jas and his grandfather in Penang home; on the way out for dinner at a nearby open air coffee shop; ie 'choo char'






I started to be more serious in my Internet Marketing business in March and April, and the traffic soared but still income was very small and trickling in. After my return from my Melbourne holidays, I picked up momentum again and the small income was a bit more regular. I am still continuing with it and I believe the opportunity and with a bit of luck, I will see better income in 2009.

I started to have lower back pain in Oct and sought medical advice. Did MRI on both my back and left knee ( you may have read my postings on this ) and taking the appropriate actions to alleviate the pain but no pain killers for me. I am using the Inversion Table for my back and a special OA Knee brace. So far, so good .....

This school holidays in Nov and Dec, Jason went to New Zealand ( Overseas Study trip ), Kuala Lumpur ( soccer friendly matches ) and Ipoh ( Leadership Seminar ) through his school programme. He has travelled enough so no family holiday trip but my wife & I went to Kuala Lumpur for a few days instead.





Lai Meng at the base of the Petronas Twin Towers in KL.














Well, time flies..............

So what are your New Year resolutions or wishes..?

I only have a few wishes in mind..... and there are .......

Good Health to all of us especially the older ones ( my wife and I included...ha..ha.... ).

Jason does well in his 'O' level exam. and get to the institution that he wants.

Taking my Internet Marketing business to the next level.

No resolutions that comes to my mind.

With that, I wish you all the best in 2009 and may your wishes come true....!

David

No comments: