Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Bionic Leg ?

Hi,

Some of you are aware that I have oestoarthritis (OA) on my left knee and have started to limp a bit more lately, I have a MRI done last month and the doctor has recommended an OA knee brace to help alleviate the pain and also, hopefully, may realign the the part of the joint that are rubbing against each other.

I believe this is the latest model and I could be possibly one of the first few to be wearing it here. It has to be shipped in from US or Canada.

My son thinks that it is cool and my wife called it 'bionic'...?

I just started wearing it last Thu and was walking around the Sitex PC show for at least 2 hours... No knee pain but a bit uncomfortable as I was not used to it and also still adjusting the straps accordingly.

I believe it is doing what it is meant to do and alleviating the pain in the knee but I am still getting used to have it on. Wearing shorts is ok but need to wear a baggy pants to have it on though. Tried it once, so far.

But it costs a 'bomb'...!

So here is how it looks like .....




No comments: