Wednesday, January 7, 2009

How Do We Dress ?

Hi,

I was in Orchard Road last weekend with my family and as usual, there was this typical weekend crowd of locals and tourists.

So you may be wondering what I was doing there, myself?

Anyway, as I walked along the sidewalk and tried not to bump into people coming from the opposite direction, I made an observation.

There are 3 categories of dressing :

1. Some dressed to look attractive and pleasant; ie. their dressing complement their physical look and it is a positive type of attraction. The person look pretty or attractive.

2. A few dressed to shock you or to make a statement; stand out from the crowd and also attract your attention but more in a negative manner. Yucks.... why wear like that?

3. Majority dressed normally and just form part of the crowd; not noticable other than another physical body lost in the crowd.

I think this is typical wherever you are and I am in the last category most of the time and on special occassion , I tried to be in the 1st category or look smart for that occassion.

I have not tried to give specific examples and it varies from each individual the definition of the 3 categories but broadly, I think it is like that.

Just food for thought!

Again, wishing you all a Healthy and Happy New Year in 2009!

David

No comments: