Sunday, December 21, 2008

Holiday in Kuala Lumpur - Berjaya Times Square & KLCC

Hi,

We stayed at Berjaya Times Square Hotel where there are 2 towers and the first 10 storey is the shopping mall with a theme park inside ( with a roller coaster running a few floors! ). There is also a conference centre between the 2 towers.

The suite given to us is more like a service apartment with a small kitchen area and a separate lounge area; separate shower and WC areas.

Berjaya Times Square shopping mall is quite self contained with food outlets, cinemas, theme park, retail shops etc.....

Importantly, the monorail is right in front and we took it to KLCC to visit the Petronas Twin Tower. KLCC itself is another big shopping complex.

We found this restaurant offering Penang food like Prawn and Curry Mee and have lunch there. I used to frequent their branch in Mid-Valley when I was working on the Southern Bank project a few years ago.

Berjaya Times Square is located in the Jalan Bintang shopping triangle, where we have other shopping malls within walking distance. We visited Sungei Wang Plaza , Low Yat Plaza, Imbi Plaza and dined along Jalan Bukit Bintang and Jalan Alor too.

My wife was quite successful in her shopping spree but not so much on clothes but shoes, hair accessories and even things like local coffee in their GIANT supermarket. We managed to find the underwear brand that Jason like ( the ones that we bought in Penang last Sep ),

I only shopped for IT stuff at Imbi and Low Yat Plazas where the accessories are much cheaper ( but do your homework first as they do sell fake stuff too ), much to my surprise. I bought things like ATA-USB cable to connect my external CD writer, USB extension cables to connect Jason's PC to the printer and scanner, and even Norton Internet Security 2009 ( I paid RM95 and it cost S$98 ). These plaza are equivalent to our Sim Lim Square.

Overall, we have quite an enjoyable time as I also got to meet my elder sister twice for dinner and also lunch with my cousin on our last day there.

Though it was the Malaysia Great Shopping sale period but we really did not feel the atmosphere of sale there.

My next trip to Malaysia is likely to be Penang for 'Cheng Beng' in Mar or Apr 2009.

Here is a slideshow of some photos taken of my stay in KL.

( Please click on the 'X' on the top right-hand corner of the screen if no photos are shown. )

No comments: