Monday, October 6, 2008

Bad Customer Service or My Bad Luck ! ( Part 1 )

Hi,

I bought a refurbished MP3 player online about a month ago. I have done this a few times and the experience has been good and no problem with the payment, delivery and the Mp3 players are still working today.

Unfortunately, this MP3 player has a line displayed on the screen ( ie not a scratch ) when turned on. Much to my disappointment, no quality control done before packaging it for sale..?

So I took it to the shop for repair or replacement as there is a 30 days warranty for such item.

After about 2 weeks, I called up the Customer Service Centre (CSC) to enquire on the status. I was told that there is no available unit of the same colour. I told her then I will take another colour.

She surprisingly asked me if anyone has called me earlier and I said no! She would arrange for another unit but of another colour to be sent to the shop for my collection.

Another week passed by and no one called me. So I called CSC again (Mon) and was told that they would arrange it to be despatched to the shop but as there was a holiday on 1 Oct (Wed) , the earliest I could collect it would be Thu.

On Fri, I called CSC and was told that the unit should have arrived at the shop and did anyone sms or call me? I said no and that is why I am calling them instead. I was put on hold and I hung up. CSC called me back to inform me that the shop just received it and I could collect it anytime from that shop.

So I happily went to the shop to collect the unit and the counter girl was searching for it and not getting anywhere. She even asked me if anyone from the shop smsed or called me to collect it. So I told her that I just spoke to their SCS and was told that it has arrived that afternoon. Then she found a box with a few items that just arrived but not opened yet!

Well, I finally collected the item and aksed if there is still a warranty since the 30 days warranty is almost over BUT not due to my fault. She gave me another 3 months warranty.

So is this bad service or just my bad luck....?

This is a local but popular brand, a competitor of iPod. I support our local brand as it is priced reasonably and better specifications. Value for money!

I hope this bad experience is an isolated case!

No comments: