Saturday, July 5, 2008

Return Policy on Purchased Goods

Hi,

We went shopping at Southland Shopping Centre in Melbourne.

Jason saw a hooded jumper and we bought it for him. A few stores later, he saw a nicer hooded jumper and regretted having made his earlier decision.

My dear brother, Charles, told me not to worry as we can just go back and return it and no hassle as there have such a return policy as long as the tag and receipt can be produced.

We felt a bit bad initially as we are not used to such return policy here in Singapore.

A few days later, I saw an advertisement on a Digital Photo Frame for AUD65 and I bought it.
I tried and tested all the functions and was happy with it as I doubt I could get it at this price back home.

Unfortunately, it shut off after a certain time and I could not figure why it did so after reading the manual and checked that I have not set the timer. So my brother advised me to return it since it is defective.

I went to the customer counter and I was given a choice to have a new replacement or a full cash refund. I asked for a new replacement as I really like it.

Unfortunately, the same thing happened again. So either I do not know how to use it or this batch of the goods is faulty. I went to get a full cash refund this time.

Initially, I felt bad as I have never done such thing before at home but then come to think of it, I believe they got it right. You should always have the customer satisfaction in mind and not assume that they are all crooks or trying to take advantage of the policy.

I am still shopping for a Digital Photo Frame. It still seems costly here, S$100+...

Has anyone of you bought one?

David

No comments: