Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Melbourne Holiday - Weekend Market at Rye

My younger sister drove us to Rye to have a look at the weekend market by the beach but though it was quite sunny but the wind was very strong and cold so only 50% of the stalls were put up.

We stopped to have a look at the rough sea below..... it was cold and cloudy then.

This Dog Wash is next to a Car Wash..... so you can give your dog a bath while your car is being washed.......!
This is the weekend market at Rye beach. The 2 ladies at the extreme are Lai Meng and my sister, Wei. I was exploring the beach and turned around to take a photo with my zoom lens at 250mm.

The stall owners would drive their cars or vans and occupy a designated area to showcase their products and sell them.

This woman takes her own photos around the Mornington Peninsula and made them into cards for sale. We bought a few of her cards and asked her to have a photo taken with LM, she was very nice and friendly. Her work is very professional and I bought her cards to inspire me since I myself is keen on photography.

It was sunny but very cold strong winds from the beach so I put on my hoody to cover my head when I saw the locals doing that too.... ha.... ha.....

We bought 2 pots of plants before we left from a woman with Asian background but speaks with a very strong Aussie ascent. She was very nice and friendly too.

No comments: