Friday, May 27, 2011

Smart Phone

Hi,

Smart phones are getting more popular in the past year, based on the reported statistics.

I think you also need to be pretty smart to use one of these phones too.

Why?

Let me share with you some of my recent experiences on such phones.

I recently decided to download applications into my mobile smart phone by connecting it to my home network.

After doing the downloads, I turned off the connectivity but the mobile will still automatically search for the network and connect itself every few minutes.

I seek help from a mobile shop and I was told that I did turned off the connectivity so we agreed that the best solution is to set the mobile back to factory settings.

So I attempted to do it and was prompted a password to set it back to default factory settings.

Password?

I managed to call the mobile manufacturer help desk for the default password and took the opportunity to tell him my problem. He advised me to turned off the access point through another option and my problem has been solved.

Do you know that your applications continue to run when you exit from them?

We were taught by my nephews who are using iPhone 4 as they incurred high data charges when on holidays overseas and found that they were getting automatic downloads for some of the running applications!

Similarly for my mobile, not an iPhone, as I realise that the battery is running out quite fast lately.

So I wonder what other things that I need to be aware when using a smart phone..?

While I think I do not really need a smart phone but the few applications like stock market, weather, SBS Iris,..... can be useful though.

Otherwise, a mobile with the typical functions is good enough as long as it also has a 3-5MP camera besides music player and FM radio.

Well, this is the new generation where technology becomes so much part of our lives....!

No comments: