Monday, March 15, 2010

Physiotherapy Session

Hi,

When I was in Penang, I followed my Mum for her physiotherapy session at the LWE hospital to strengthten her legs.

Initially, my Mum was not keen on it and blamed the medicine for making her legs weak but her cardiologist and I disagreed with her and felt that she was not doing proper leg exercise at home.

Glad to say that my Mum's legs are stronger now and she is convinced that the exercises are good for her weak legs.

Here are a few photos taken of the exercises that she did there.




This photo is taken from the reflection of the wall mirror....you can even see me on the right side of the photo. My Mum is using a motorised leg exerciser but have gone on to a manual one later in the week.









The spring is attached to the wall behind her and she has to pull her left leg up and hold for 6 seconds; repeating this for 10 minutes.












The spring is attached from the top of the ceiling and she has to push her left leg down and hold for 6 seconds; repeating this for 10 minutes.






I am glad that there is result from the exercise and my Mum is convinced that it works for her.

She is even recommending the physiotherapy session to my 5th aunt now.

Proud of you...Mum...!

David


No comments: