Thursday, March 11, 2010

An Outing at Gurney Drive

Hi,

While I was in Penang, I took my Dad out for the afternoon as he seldoms go out on his own for leisure.

Why Gurney Drive?

Good food and scenery......!

We went there for a western lunch at Secret Recipe, a restaurant in Plaza Gurney and facing the sea.




As my Dad has not been to the movies for years and he loves to watch TV at home, I decided to take him to the cinema to watch his favourite kung fu type of movie, 14 Blades.

The cinemas in Plaza Gurney are just as good as ours in Spore; but cheaper due to the favourable exchange rate.

After the afternoon movie, we walked out to Gurney Drive to get some sea breeze but it was a bit hot though.




We decided to eat at the famous hawker food next to Plaza Gurney and bumped into a busload of tourists there.

My Dad ate his favourite dishes, Indian Rojak and Ais Kacang. I ordered Char Koay Teow and Assam Laska + Cheng Tng.



I am glad to say that my Dad really enjoyed the outing and he was very happy with it. He was still talking about the movie and food the following morning......ha...ha..


David

No comments: