Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Little Nyonya Drama

Hi,

I am sure majority of you living in Singapore must have followed this MediaCorp TC Channel 8 drama series, The Little Nyonya.

As mentioned in the local papers, other than the dramatic plot, we were also enchanted by the Perankan culture so it was educational.

It was also a bonding time for the family as we always watched Channel 8 Chinese drama series together and discussed the plot and the possible outcome of the next show. We do not buy this magazine, 8 Days, so we would ot know what was in stall for us next.

Yes, my wife did not like the ending and we were also puzzled why she married the English man as there was no indication of how their love blossom other than he helped her in her business.

As indicated in the poll, 93% wanted a happy ending and even the scriptwriter expressed that he was wrong and did not anticipate the viewers reaction. I think the executive producer should also admit it so instead of being defensive and indicated that she assumed this and that.... typical of our local management people. Listen to your viewers feedback and then try to do better the next time....lah!

Anyway, I am proud that we have such a high rated or watched drama series and I hope it will do well when screen in other countries. I was thinking of buying the DVD set for my parents in Malaysia but then my dear wife told me that it will be screened there next month.

Other than Jeannette's acting, I thought a few other actors or actresses also gave a very good performance.


Congrats again to The Little Nyonya...!







For my overseas friends, you can get more info at this site http://littlenyonya.mediacorptv.sg/about.htm


David

No comments: