Monday, November 3, 2008

Toilet Woes

Hi,

A few years ago, I lost my briefcase which containned my Palm Pilot, PC mouse and some personal documens in a shopping mall toilet.

When I went back to this shopping mall, I think little has been done to prevent such theft though when I reported my loss to the Customer Service Counter, the staff told me that it has happened a few times already.

I am still pissed off about it so here is how it could have happened to you, in any shopping mall or public toilet.


There is this ledge at the back of the toilet seat where you will be so happy to put your personal belongings there instead of putting them on the 'dirty' floor or hanging your bags etc at the back of the door.

And that's what I did .....!

I was seated for a few minutes only as I did not manage to 'pooh' and has to rush to catch a movie in the mall.

BUT when I turned around, my breifcase was gone...!

I quickly walked out and checked the next door cubicles but no one was present.


I suspect that there was someone hiding in the next door cubicle, waiting for his victims......


So as mentioned earlier, I reported to the Customer Service counter and eventaully to a neighbourhood police station too as there were some personal documents in the briefcase. Though I did not expect to get anything back but more to formalise the loss and protect my family and I, in case something happened ; eg my home address and some personal details could have be misused etc....























Now, there is this signage at the back of the door!

If you are to follow this instructions then you should be placing your bags etc in front of you and not lose sight of them.

Then do not have the ledge built and mis-lead the users otherwise!

So my advice to you is to be cautious and be mindful when you use the public toilets anywhere and also during your travels too...!

Take care!

No comments: