Friday, June 19, 2009

PC Show 2009 11-14 June 2009

Hi,

I went to the PC Show on Fri afternoon and spent about 3 hours there. The crowd was not so bad as it was a weekday though it was school holidays.

Upon entering the Hall 4, I happened to passed by a stall selling PC accessories and there was a hourly special and I bought a notebook cooler for $4 when the usual selling price is $10. I was happy with the buy as there are 3 fans and there are quieter. Should have bought another one too...ha....ha.....next IT show...?

I was also shopping for a notebook for my wife's friend, a basic notebook but not a netbook or entry level one at the same time. I was given a budget of $1K.

So I walked around and collect all the relevant brochures and look at the display units too, as the look and feel is important too since you have to look at it daily.

I also managed to buy some Canon 4R photo paper too at a special price.

The best buy of the day was a cordless mouse with a very short receiver; a A4Tech model and within my budget too.

I also saw a lot of gadgets that I would have love to buy even though I may not really need it...ha...ha..... eg. electronic photo album display going at $79.

After I got home, I sieved through the notebook brochures and shortlisted 3 notebooks for our friend and I contacted her as the Acer model was giving $100 rebate during the show only.

The following morning, our friend changed her decision and now wanted to buy it for her son instead for his school project, so different requirements. I immediately told her to get a HP model instead as it is similar to the one I bought for my wife in Mar and it was a very good deal at $1300 with high specifications.

After checking with her son, they agreed on the HP model and I returned to the PC show on Sat afternoon and ordered one for her. It was much crowded then as it was a weekend.

I do not see any recession as I see a lot of people buying items that are of need and heavily discounted, I suppose.

It was reported that the PC Show has yielded $52.1 million and attracted over 1.16 million visitors over the four-day event.

So until the next IT show in Sept......

David

P.S. IF you somehow missed the show, you can visit this site for more info on the PC Show
http://www.bootstrike.com/itfairsg/pcshow2009/

No comments: