Saturday, September 27, 2008

Singapore F1 Grand Prix - Day 1

Hi,

My wife and I went to the racing track after work and a quick dinner to catch some of the practice sessions by the drivers.

I did not expect much other some noise and the F1 cars just passing us by at high speed initially but ended up staying longer then intended.

But as we got nearer to the gates, the very loud engine noise could be heard and it got our adrenalin going too.

Yes, ear plugs were essential though I doubt it initially. We managed to buy some...!

We entered Gate 6 and was able to see the racing cars making a corner at that part of the race track. As they have to slow down at the corner, it is a good place to watch the racing cars though they were still going very fast.

I did not bring my digital camera so have to use my mobile camera instead so all the photos of the racing cars are terrible but the static photos were acceptable.

We did a fair bit of walking passing a few gates were on site for about 1.5 hours and we are very tired now....; walking from Shenton Way all the way to Esplanade and back to City Hall to catch the MRT home.

Luckily, the crowded was not as bad but I expect it to grow on Sat nad Sun nights though eventhough part of the race will be shown 'live' on TV. Although, u can enjoy watching it from the comfort of your home but the experience on site really get your adrenalin going.

Well, we should be better prepared for Day 2 at the race..... and I will bring my digital camera along though I met a keen photographer and he was telling me that it was very difficult to take photos from behind the fence ( his camera is in the professional range and cost S$6K..! ). A grandstand ticket would be great for photographers!

Please click on the 'X' on the top right-hand corner if the slideshow is not being displayed.

No comments: