Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Kangaroo - Australia

Hi,

Kangaroo is only found in Australia.

Here are a few photos taken when we visited the Wildlife Park in Philip Island.

We were given a pack of feeds for the animals in the wildlife park. We fed some wallaby, swans and the kangaroos, of course. This is a very adult kangaroo and when it ran towards me to get the feed on my hand....... I was scared...... and stood still......scary indeed! When other kangaroos approached me too for the feed, it snorted loudly to warn them to back off.
A very interesting but quite scary experience as I was scared that they would fight for the feeds on my palm....!!!




A smaller kangaroo approached Jason for some feed. This one is cute and not so intimidating..!









There was easily about 100 kangaroos in the park and they are free to roam with the human visitors. They are also eating the grass on the ground and some may not even approach us for the feed so it is qutie safe.


What a magnificient kangaroo..!

No comments: