Sunday, September 23, 2012

Increasing My LAN Ports

During my recent trip to KL, I visited Low Yat Plaza ( their equivalent to our Sim Lim Square or Funan IT Mall )  where they sell mainly IT and mobile products and accessories.

My main router ran out of ports and I was shopping for a gadget to expand or increase the number of LAN ports so that I do not rely on wireless connection which has a slower data transfer speed compared to a LAN wired connection.

In the recent Comdex show, I saw a 5-port switch selling for S$17 and this is the solution that I was looking for.
IN KL, the same product was selling for RM22 ( about S$11 ). So I bought it without hesitation.

I managed to installed it and got it working and I thought I would make a video on the installation since the instruction that came in the box was just too brief and I have to surf the Internet to confirm how I should do it.

Hopefully, this video will be helpful to someone out there who may need some guidance.


No comments: