Friday, September 2, 2011

Happy Teacher's Day - 1 September 2011

Happy Teacher's Day to all the teachers .......!


Teaching is indeed a very noble profession and they are the ones that are guiding our children to be responsible and contributing to our societies in the future.


I noticed how a teacher can influence the students; eg I still remember during his primary school days, Jason came home one day and told me that eating too much MacDonald fries is bad for health according to his teacher. While he has not stopped eating fries but it definitely has an impact on him.


Generally, Jason looks up to all his teachers but there are a few not so good teachers that he told me about. Luckily, these few are from the old generation where they are never wrong and the rule the class with an iron fist.


I have the privilege of teaching in Temasek Poly for a year and I really enjoy my time there. I still keep in touch with a few students through Facebook, mainly.


There is always this one student that have been sending me a Happy Teacher's Day greetings for the past few years. In fact, I just received his greeting through sms just now.


I am glad that I have made a difference to him and hopefully, a few other students too.


It is not easy when you have difficult students but it is very satisfying when you can feel that you are making some contribution or a difference to the students.


So teachers out there, I salute you and keep up the good work!


David

No comments: