Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Teeth Crowning

After 4 weeks of recovery from my crown lengthening, I finally went for my 2 crowns to be done this morning.

I have done this before and this is my 3rd crowning to-date.

The price has gone up by about S$300 but my dentist was kind enough to waive it but my total bill for the 2 crowns still came up to S$2K+.

She shaved the teeth and made moulds of the teeth in order make the crowns which will be ready the following week.

I hope these will be my last crowns.....sigh

Apparently, my teeth got stained quite fast by my coffee drinking but luckily, the stains are behind the front teeth so they are not so visible when I smile.

The good news is that the staining does not cause teeth decay but the accumulation of tartar instead so I need to see her regularly to do scaling to remove them. So far, I go for scaling about once a year though she advises me to do it every 6 months.

My parents are wearing dentures but the children have better teeth as we grew up with better dental care and I am sure the grandchildren will be even exposed to better dental care at an early age.

So please take care of your teeth and you will be able to enjoy all the good food and no problem with chewing them when we grow old.

David

No comments: