Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine versus Chinese New Year

Hi,

14 Feb 2010 is the 1st day of the Lunar New Year but also the Valentine Day too...!
The good news is that most of us, as reported in the papers, place family and our Chinese New Year celebration above the western Valentine's Day occasion.

I would say that we were so focused on the CNY festivities that we almost forgot about Valentine's Day ..... but I did wish my dear wife a Happy Valentine's Day and gave her a branch of a new Hibiscus species that I plucked during my walk with Jack, my Beagle dog, a few days ago. I told her that this is the gift for the occassion...ha...ha...

Cheapskate?

No..lah.... it is the thought that counts and she is onto growing Hibiscus.... look at this white one, lovely, isn't?



We spent yesterday together, without Jason, watching a movie with dinner too.... so that can be considered our belated Valentine's Day celebration.....


Happy Valentine's Day, Darling!




David



No comments: