Thursday, February 21, 2008

Never Too Old To Learn New Stuff

Hi,

Jason was studying for his Social Study test last evening and asked me to do a mock test on him before we slept.

The 2 main topics being tested this morning are Conflicts in Northern Ireland and Conflicts in Sri Lanka.

You know what?

I have been reading news about the Tamil Tigers in Sri Lanka and IRA in UK but I have never looked deep into the causes of their conflicts.

Well, after last night session with Jas, I am now more aware of why the Tamils & Singhalese are fighting with each other. Similarly, for the Protestants and Catholics in UK.

So I think I have learned more than I could have helped Jason in his preparation for his test.

Or we actually killed 2 birds with one stone as the saying goes.....; ie in that short period of time, I learned something and he got his revision done with my help.

Ahhhh...... I am a bit more wiser today and never too old to acquire new knowledge....


No comments: