Sunday, December 28, 2014

Dad Fell Down.....!!!

I received a call from my sister in Penang that our father fainted and fell down hitting the back of his head when he was having his breakfast outside. He has been admitted to Penang General Hospital but eventually sent to Lam Wah Ee (LWE) hospital, where his cardiologist and other Dr have been looking after his ailments. This was on Sunday 21 Dec.

I immediately booked my flight back to Pg for the following day, Mon.

He had 5 stitches for the open wound at the back of his head. 


 When I arrived the following day, he was looking better and eating well.



Waiting to do his echo scan and see his cardiologist in the evening, before discharge.

Dad was so happy that nothing new was found in his scan and allowed to go home that night.

My sister and I took a break and went to have a Xmas Eve lunch at Gurney Plaza.

I dropped by Georgetown to run some errands and saw this preparation for the countdown to Christmas at the road closed between Prangin Mall and 1st Avenue.

I quickly grabbed a bowl of Assam Laksa and Ice Kacang in Prangin Mall and took a bus home to avoid the crowd.

Well, I ended spending Christmas in Penang as I only flew back on Christmas night.

BTW, I was told that upon my arrival in Pg, it started to rain for the following 2 days. Similarly, it rained when I landed at Changi airport and it rain until the following day too. The monsoon rain must be following me around.......!

Unfortunately, Dad came down with flu just before I left Pg but recovering now after taking some antibiotics.

What an ending to my 2014.......!!!

My Mum fell in early Oct and broke her hip ball bone and the my Dad fell in Dec, all in the last quarter of the year.

I injured my left knee again when alighting from the bus and slowly healing again but all my effort with the Apostherapy treatment is back to square one.... sigh

I hope we will have a better 2015....... so wishing all of you out there a Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year...!!!

No comments: