Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Studio Lighting Photography Course Certificate

I was awarded a Pass with Credit for my Studio Lighting Photography Course that I attended in May 2014.



The class was conducted by the Photographic Society of Singapore (PSS).

Here are the 6 photos I submitted for the class assessment :

Jason's graduation bear

Wine and grapes 

Old film camera

Butterfly portrait - studio lighting

Rembrandt portrait - studio lighting

Model portrait taken during the class

My photos mounted on black cupboard for submission.

I actually bought a set of basic studio lighting with a background cloth and set it up at home to practice what I have learned. Of the 6 photos, 3 of them were taken at home ( graduation bear and portraits of Jason and I ) and the others during my class. 

This is my studio setup at home :
Ideally, I should have two more lights for the background but it would have exceeded my budget.

I bought a photo light box to take still photos and a couple of desktop lamps for lighting in this set-up.


To-date, I have attended the following classes to further my interest in Photography:

- Digital Basic ( Night & Lighting ) Photography
- Digital Basic ( Foundation ) Photography ( using a DSLR camera )
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 Image Editing

I look forward to my next class, Basic Travel Photography this month.


No comments: