Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Congrats to Daniel on reaching the Rinjani Summit !

Congratulations to Daniel on his reaching the summit of Gunung Rinjani in Lombok, Indonesia.

This is his second mountain climb as he also reached the summit of Mt Kinabalu in Sabah in 2011.
http://pcwthoughts.blogspot.sg/2011/05/mount-kota-kinabalu.html

 

The type of terrain that challenged Daniel in his climb, loose volcanic rocks...!!!
Camp site at the rim of the volcanic crater....... not my idea of sweet dreams... !

This is where you answer to the call of nature..... the TOILET....!
 
Daniel at the summit of Gunung Rinjani !

One steps too many at the wrong side of the summit and you would go straight down the mountain ....
View of the active volcano from the summit.
 
 
I asked Daniel , so what's next... man? Our friend said maybe some mountain in Africa would be nice......!
 
So watch this space for news on his 3rd mountain conquest...... great job, Daniel !
 
As for me, I am still training hard with my Apostherapy shoes so that I need not wear my knee brace and able to walk longer distance and visit places like Bhutan.
 

No comments: