Monday, June 9, 2014

Adobe Photoshop CS5 Image Editing Course

I attended a short Adobe Photoshop CS5 Image Editing course over 4 full Saturdays in April 2014 and after passing their test held on 3 May 2014, I was awarded an ICDL certificate recently.


I am also learning Lightroom 5, on my own by referring to books ( borrowed from our local community library in Bedok.

Lightroom is a similar software but designed specifically for Photographers and has an interface to Photoshop too.

Here is a sample of the capabilities of Lightroom 5 and Photoshop:

This is a photo taken at my own home studio and no editing has been done to it yet.

This is the result of editing done with Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CS5 software.

I used Lightroom to crop and enhance the image and then used Photoshop to replace the background by making use of Layers which is not available in Lightroom.

I also refer to YouTube videos on how to use certain features in Lightroom and Photoshop; eg Filter - Extract, Refine Edges in replacing the background of the photo.

If you are into Photography, you definitely should learn how to use Lightroom and Photoshop software to enhance your images as and when necessary.


No comments: